About Our Schools
At South Dearborn, we are "Success Driven." Grow. Excel. Achieve.
What We Believe
South Dearborn Community School Corporation believes:
- Data-driven, personalized learning experiences increase student achievement.
- All students can achieve at higher levels.
- Students must be actively engaged in their own education.
- A rigorous and relevant curriculum fosters college and career readiness, and supports a systematic framework to engage student learning.
- It takes a strong community partnership to collaboratively educate students efficiently and effectively.
- The effective application of technology enhances curriculum and increases corporation efficiency.
- Extracurricular activities promote learning and develop a well-rounded, comprehensive educational experience.
What We Value
- An educational framework that drives student success.
- Teachers who effectively deliver instruction, are accountable for student learning, and are dedicated advocates for students.
- Personnel who are dedicated to common goals, fiscal responsibility, and well-maintained, clean facilities within a safe and secure learning environment.
Safe, Secure & Beautiful Campus
A beautiful school setting helps set the tone for your child's learning. South Dearborn boasts a gorgeous campus, modern facilities and Internet access in every classroom.
In addition to providing comfortable surroundings, we understand that in order to learn effectively our children need to feel safe, comfortable and at ease. Rest assured that our students' safety is top of mind at all times and we've taken the steps necessary to ensure that all of our students are secure.
Corporation Goals & Action Plan
1. Develop and implement the framework needed to receive AdvanceEd, K-12 District Accreditation.
2. Improve stakeholder satisfaction.
3. Prepare and implement research-based school safety plan for measuring and improving building and staff safety preparedness.
4. Increase capacity to utilize technology in the classroom.