Connecting with other students who share a same passion or interest helps develop a child’s social skills. Plus, being a part of a club is just plain fun! Students at Aurora Elementary can join one of the following clubs:
- Archery Team: 3rd-5th Grade Elementary students from South Dearborn participate on this team. Practices are held at South Dearborn High School. The team travels to various locations to participate in meets on the weekends.
- Archery Team: 6th Grade Our sixth grade students will participate on the South Dearborn Middle School Team. Practices are held at South Dearborn Middle School. The team travels to various locations to participate in meets on the weekends.
- Drama Club: 4th - 6th Grade The Drama Club meets two nights a week during the fall and spring. The Fall Production is December 7, 2017 at 5:30 and Spring Production is April 25, 2018 at 5:30. Both productions will be held at Aurora Elementary School.
- Math Team: 6th Grade Our 6th grade students are encouraged to join the AES Math Team. Practices start in December and we are the proud hosts of the area Math Bowl which will be held on February 21, 2019 at 5:00.
- Robotics Team 4th-6th Grade Aurora Elementary School was awarded the TechPoint Foundation for Youth Robot Grant through the 2016 State Robotics Initiative and now has three teams. We are excited to offer this program again this year to our 4th-6th grade students. Students are chosen based upon interest, scores, and classroom performance.
- Student Council: 5th & 6th Grade Students may choose to run for Student Council in the spring for the upcoming year. Students participate in special community events and sponsor a dance during the school year.
- Boys and Girls Running Clubs: These clubs are open to 3rd-5th grade girls and boys. (Each club will take the first 15 to sign up.) The clubs meet in the spring and practice for the Dillsboro 5K in May. Lessons on self-confidence and healthy habits are also taught.
- Girls Empowerment: Purdue Extension staff members come to AES and provide lessons on a variety of topics including: team building, understanding body changes, self-image, self-esteem and personal style, choices and consequences, healthy relationships, gossip/internet safety/texting and simple meal preparation. This opportunity is open to girls in grades 3rd-5th.
- Creating Champions: Sixth grade boys may participate in this club. The aim of Creating Champions is to help give our growing boys the skills and positive outlook needed to become successful young men. We will be hosting a number of guest speakers and covering a range of topics from healthy living to manners.